Lightning

Lightning

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why No More Final Fantasy VII?

Here we are folks, 25 posts later, the reason why I have written these reviews of the main titles released thus far.

To recap, I am so tired of reading forum after forum about the new games that have come out since Final Fantasy VII (especially after the Compilation FFVII project), and hearing people criticize the new titles, a majority of them saying, " Oh well its no Final Fantasy VII". Guess what its never going to be!

Here are my reasons for you FFVII enthusiasts to let go of what I will admit WAS a great game, otherwise you will never enjoy another FF ever again.

Reason one: IT HAS BEEN DONE! Not only have we all played the original version of Final Fantasy, but we have watched the movie sequel, played the PSP prequel, played the story for the PS2 based on Vincent Valentine, watched the Last Order: FFVII on YouTube. And read the story and occurrences that took place in Before Crisis. We have more FFVII than I think we should have. I understand that its a favored universe and people wanted more of the characters. But with all of you obsessing over it, they feel they have to answer your call for more. Well as a FF fan, and I believe a true fan as I have at least partaken of every title in the series, and enjoyed the FFVII and its Compilation project, I am sick sick sick sick, of Final Fantasy VII.
I hear the name Sephiroth or Cloud and I just wanna cringe.
There is such a thing as too much, and because fans have become sooooooo obsessed with this title they have let it define the series and I think that is a mistake.
Reason two: If you cant let your self enjoy other titles why continue buying the game? If you cannot accept the newer title for what it is, just continue to play VII over and over again? I honestly feel that when the new titles come out, we should hold no previous title expectations to it.
Reason three: Video Game evolution, as Squares main job is to stay in the competative market that is video gaming, they must follow the trends and shift there games slightly to fit these trends. Why do you think they have made not one but two MMORPG's (although XIV flopped), they were trying to compete with games like World of Warcraft and Everquest.
Final Fantasy is an ever evolving game, and I think it should continue to remain that way. They have kept a lot of the elements that make the game "Final Fantasy" for me, but given me new and exciting ways to experience them!
I am a fan of the series and I loved VII just as much as the next person, but its time to open your minds to the possibilities that other titles can be just as great. How one could really not appreciate the beauty and excitement that was Final Fantasy XIII (and I know there are a lot of you out there), is completely insane! And I honestly feel that if you are constantly looking for the next Final Fantasy VII, keep looking because there is never going to be one, that title has had its moment in the spotlight, and I for one am looking forward to experiencing titles that are nothing like the title that came before it. I have come to love Lightning so much so that she has become my favorite character in the series. And I have to say, its because I have kept my self open to the Evolution of Final Fantasy.

I hope you all enjoyed this journey as much as I did and, maybe for a few of you will come to love other titles and continue to give the creators something to move forward with instead of consistently looking to the past.

I have enjoyed reviewing this game series so much, I am going to continue to do so with more of my favorite series. I am not going to venture too far for my next blog, following my next favorite series that combines two of my most favorite things in the world. Final Fantasy and Disney, I know you look at those things and say, that's not possible to combine the two and make it work. I thought so too myself, but I was wrong. Come with me as we review Kingdom Hearts.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment